Today I am thirty eight. Happy birthday to me! I am okay about this age, I find myself mostly happier and more content with every passing year, although there is still a small child in me saying ” but 40 is ancient!”
I thought it would be nice to write a list of aims to complete before I hit the big 4 0. As it’s my birthday, this list is totally selfish and materialistic, but if you can’t be totally selfish and materialistic on your birthday, when can you? Everything here should be achievable in two years. As much as I’d love to learn to ski and see the northern lights, they’re not going to happen in the near future. Although I will be very surprised if item number one happens, that’s a very optimistic dream!
1.Fly to New York
2. Have a holiday with just Dave and the kiddos (something we’ve not done since Boo was six months old)
3. See the Lake District again
4. Visit friends in Bergen, Norway
6. Visit friends in Glastonbury
7. Get a really cheap train ticket to a random location in the UK and explore it.
8. Go camping
9. Have a day out in Brighton
Food and Drink
10. Callooh Callay
12. Zetter Townhouse
14. Grain Store
16. Have breakfast at The Wolseley
17. Explore Broadway market and eat all the food and drink all the drink.
18. Learn to make pasta
19. Take a butchery class
Family and home
20. Have an evening out with Dave and not worry about rushing home early to the kiddos
21. Get another cat
22. Get that back bit in the garden sorted and build a raised bed to grow vegetables.
23. Host a massive party
Just for me
24. Upgrade to a full frame camera
25. Get a tattoo
26. Run 5k
27. Complete a mindfulness course
28. Read 20 books
29. Have a spa day
30. Ride a horse
31. Go on a creative retreat
32. Sell something on Etsy
33. Learn to crochet a granny square and start a blanket.
34. Sew a dress…
35. …and finish sewing the two skirts I have on the go
36. Visit Warner Bros. Studio tour
37. Get to an art exhibition in Tate Britain
38. Visit Kew Gardens
39. Have a good nosey around the Wellcome Collection
40. Visit the British Museum again (I’ve not been in years)
…And bonus aim, blog about it all! Maybe.
There are way more things that could be on this list, loads more bars (Cahoots!), a ton of food to eat (St John doughnuts!) all the places in London (God’s Own Junkyard! William Morris Museum! And that’s just the two in Walthamstow!) and all the things I want to do with Betsy and Arthur (take them to the theatre! Go on a boat trip!). Don’t be surprised to see a 50 things to do before I’m 50 in a couple of years time!