Happy Sunday! I think last time I did one of these posts we were due to travel down to the South Bank to see Monski Mouse for our now annual dance-day, but then we had to cancel because we had succumbed to chicken pox. Today, barring acts of god, natural disaster or a tube strike we finally get to see her and dance our little shoes off (and have a Pimms). Can’t wait, Betsy is so, so excited. 1. Flamingo dress by Silly Old Sea Dog. How perfect is that fabric? 2. Lolipop Designs woodland origami napkins. 3. Star Lantern by Peastyle. 4. More flamingos because I just can’t get enough of them at the moment, these divine shoes are from Miss L Fire. 5. Disco jumper, a Merrimaking and Sink The Pink collaboration. Shiny letters! Oooh, shiny. One of these days I’ll get round to going to a Sink The Pink party as they sound like the most fun ever. 6. More shoes, but it’s hard to resist anything in mint green. These are from Collectif. 7. Super cute mini macrame planter, because two big trends, succulents and macrame = AWESOME. Things to read, a lot of these links are OLD, because I started writing this post weeks ago. Sorry! One of these days, Cheery Things will become a more regular feature:
- The London Walker’s Tube Map
- The girl power: you are enough manifesto was something Lisa Congdon read out during her keynote speech at this year’s Blogtacular, and it’s brilliant. I could do with a print of it.
- Things to do in London this summer
- 10 Things You Absolutely Need When Bringing Home a Newborn Juxtaposed With Images of Things You Will Probably Not Need
- If the news in recent weeks has got you down (and there has been SO MUCH rotten stuff happening, what is going on?) then you need to read this story and watch the accompanying videos. A vineyard in South Africa uses a flock of ducks to eat bugs around the vines, ultimate organic gardening!
And finally, if tube lines were people: https://youtu.be/P4e-Al90tSs